Jacob's Blog

Just another Edublogs site

Week 8 blog post

| 2 Comments

I researched Yemen for a project at school so I am going to tell you about it. Yemen is a country in southwest Asia and the 49th largest country in the world. They are mostly Muslim and have Muslim celebrations. The capital of Yemen “Sana’a” is one of the highest countries in the world at 7500 feet. Say what your favorite country is in the comments

2 Comments

1. Well, it is hard for me to think of a single country that is my favorite, but if forced, I would have to choose Sri Lanka. Even though the country is struggling right now, I am hopeful that at some point the conflicts will be worked out.

The things I like the most about the country is the culture, the language, the climate and the beautiful beaches. Sinhalese is a beautiful language — to hear and to look at. The culture, because there are so many people and religions, is very diverse and not overwhelmed by Western influences, which makes it very interesting. And even in the rainy season, it is fairly warm and usually not too humid (at least I don’t remember being too humid when I was there).

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Yemen. I didn’t know much about it and now I am interested in finding out more.

2. Hello Jacob,

I have not traveled to very many countries. I live in the United States– more specifically Illinois which is in the middle of the country. This means that I’m landlocked. Any country near the ocean would be a favorite of mine, but if I had to pick just one I might choose Ireland. Ireland is where my grandmother was born and one of her siblings still lives there, so I would enjoy meeting him and his family. Also, several of my friends have visited Ireland and they tell me that the people there are very friendly.

Thanks for sharing so much interesting information about Sri Lanka. I also like that you asked your audience a question, so they could share information too!

Happy blogging,
    Mrs. McKinty